Tazewell County Employer Services
Local Employer Assistance Partnership (LEAP)
A non-profit organization that administers the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, a federal job training program. Career Link provides no cost services to employers.
- Apprenticeships Assistance – reimburses 50% of DoL Registered Apprentice’s wages up to 3,500 hours or $25,000.
- Career Transition – provides Outplacement Service workshops for laid off workers, including presentations by Career Link, IDES, ICC, Illinois Office of Consumer Health Insurance and Navicore Solutions.
- Incumbent Worker Training – reimburses employers up to 100% of the cost of training when employees require training to retain employment, stay marketable, etc. There is up to a 50% employer match, usually in the form of employees’ wages during training.
- Job Postings – your job ads will be posted in our eight Career Resource Centers and emailed to over 150 local contacts at community-based organizations.
- On-the-Job Training – reimburses employers 50-75% of an eligible new hire’s wages during training. Contract must be in place before the individual is hired. New hires must be WIOA eligible.
GPEDC is a regional economic development organization that coordinates resources to retain existing businesses, to help businesses expand and to attract new businesses to our region.
The Professional Development Institute (PDI) at Illinois Central College is a comprehensive training organization whose mission is to serve businesses and individuals by providing both open enrollment and customized, in-house or on-site, quality seminars and workshops. PDI’s five divisions offer training in a wide variety of subject areas:
- Business Effectiveness – workshops in leadership, supervisory skills, customer service, diversity and project management fundamentals.
- Computer Training – training in Microsoft Office, Windows, Adobe Creative Suite, QuickBooks, SQL and Project Management Professional certification.
- Continuing Professional Education/Health – Pharmacy Technician, Nursing Assistant Reviews and other continuing healthcare education programs.
- Technical and Safety – training offered in OSHA and HAZWOPER, welding, maintenance mechanic training, weatherization, ISO/PQP/SPC.
- Truck Driver Training: CDL training and refresher courses.
The Illinois Department of Employment Security encourages economic growth and stability in Illinois by providing Employment Services to Illinois residents and employers, analyzing and disseminating essential Labor Market Information and administering Unemployment Insurance programs.
- www.IllinoisJobLink.com – Allows business owners access to thousands of resumes. Business owners can use keyword matching and the filter process technology to search resumes and find the best candidate.
- Onsite Recruitment Events – We can tailor a local hiring event to the needs of the employer by sourcing our data base of over 1 million subscribers and sending an email blast to those with the skills the employer is recruiting.
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit – IDES administers the federal Work Opportunity Tax Credit program. We routinely educate employers on the benefits of this savings program and the ease of the online filing process.
- Illinois Labor Market Information – provides employers with employment statistics, job forecasts, wages and demographic characteristics. IDES collects, analyzes and disseminates this information in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) and Employment and Training Administration (ETA).
The Illinois Department of Human Services, Division of Rehabilitation Services (DRS) administers the Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) program for the State of Illinois. The primary mission of the VR program is to successfully assist individuals with disabilities to prepare for, gain and retain successful employment.
- Access to Talented Labor Force – DRS offers a trained talent pool for your business to consider when hiring.
- Career Transition – if a company requires layoffs, DRS can help your impacted employees who have disabilities re-tool.
- Rehabilitation Technology Service – should a current employee develop a disability, DRS can help you adapt to keep a valued and trained employee.